Monday, March 24, 2008

.

I took this photo at an open air market in southern France. I remember asking the vendor if they minded me taking pictures (which they didn't) and then proceeding to try to frame the shot while the vendor and others watched intently. I panicked. I rushed to take the shot so that I could thank them and promptly move along. Pretty silly, in hindsight. I was so preoccupied with feeling self-conscious that I even forgot that I wanted to buy one!

In the end, I'm still not sure how I would have framed it differently - there are a lot of different lines going on in there. I'll have to keep at it anyway...not worrying about the people watching, learning to see and compose faster. Wish I wasn't so slowtrepid.

"What we have to learn, we learn by doing." -Aristotle

No comments: